Monday, March 30, 2009

it's spring!

Playing outside

It is officially spring, and although it was a bit windy today, we did play outside. We also played outside a lot at the end of last week and over the weekend as the temperature warmed up. I have had issues uploading pictures recently, but here are some from this afternoon.

Obviously little kids grow and change all the time. But I have been amazed most recently at how much Seth is learning. It seems that I don't have to teach him something very often or for very long before he really gets it. So here is a bullet style list of what he has been up to over the last few weeks...

  • Playing outside...as stated earlier and on my blog. He LOVES to play outside and hates to come in. And he doesn't need toys to occupy him. He just loves to run around or pick up sticks or something on the ground.
  • Book reading...yes, finally, he likes books. That doesn't mean he sits still to read through an entire one, but he does love to sit on your lap and "read." He has his favorite six books that we literally read 17 times every day, and except for one, they all have to be interactive. He has to be able to pull a tab, spin a wheel, or push a button. He especially loves books about animals.
  • Animal noises...he has loved animals for quite some time now, but he is really enjoying making animal noises. His favorite are "moo" and "quack" (sometimes also "cluck") and just recently he tries to snort for a pig. It's my favorite. :)
  • Language...although he doesn't say tons of words that we understand, he does say a bunch we do. "Ball" has been number one since the beginning and still is. He does talk all day long, just a lot I don't understand. But I have noticed just how much he actually understands. I can tell him where things are or to go get something and he understands almost always.
  • Sports...he loves any sport that involves a ball. He is getting really good at throwing and kicking.

And that's it for now!

2 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Precious!!!

Besides the "moo" part!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Seth. Love, Grandpa D