Wednesday, February 25, 2009

skinny strong legs

The last few days haven't been much fun. I forgot to mention that I think Seth had roseola. It's a rash preceeded by a really high fever. I knew he had a fever last Friday but wasn't at home with my thermometer to know how high it was. Then on Sunday morning he woke up with a rash on his stomach. I looked it up on the internet and after reading about more than a dozen different types of rashes, I thought that's what he might have. Sure enough the rash spread to his arms, legs, neck, and a little on his face. I took him to school Monday (he wasn't contagious at that point...only right before his fever), and two moms there saw him and immediately said that's what he had because their kids had had it too. They told me there was no medicine for it and that it would clear up on its own in the next few days. He is all clear today! Yeah!

So anyway, I was happy when he was busy and happy today playing with all sorts of plastic cups that he found in one of the drawers here. If you can't tell in this first picture, he is squatting. He is going to have the strongest leg muscles because he spends so much of his day squatting while he plays. (And he gets up from such a low position without the use of his hands!) Now I know why every single doctor who has seen him has said that he is the strongest kid. His little skinny legs are apparently very strong. :)




And here he is trying to share his cups with Quentin. I think they will miss each other but both will also be glad to have some time apart as well!

0 comments: