Saturday, August 16, 2008

the duck

Seth wants to move ALL the time. Bath time is now a workout for both Kevin and me as we try to hold him down to wash him. He literally tries to climb up the side of the tub or up the back of the tub. He never wants to sit still or stop moving. We would really like it if he didn't drown, and he would rather move, which would include drowning if we let him go. So far Mom and Dad are winning, but it's been a battle.

I had forgotten all about the little duck tub that Aunt Stefanie gave us. We had it shipped over in our crate, which we got when he was a few days old. Things got put away, and I just discovered it the other day as I was trying to go through some of his clothes. We tried the little duck tub tonight, thinking that would help contain him and be better for us all.


We found that it only helped him climb better. The good news is that it doesn't have a slick bottom like the bathtub itself, so I do feel a bit safer. Just can't figure out why he won't sit still to let us wash him. He always has loved bath times and playing in the water. What a little stinker! (By the way, this was the best picture I got that didn't show his little man parts.)


Oh, and the little stinker has a cold I think. It might have to do with the 100 degree weather (HOT AND HUMID!) yesterday and then a drastic change to 60 degree weather today after a storm blew through. Not sure but his nose is just running. Poor little guy. Still happy but waking up every hour or so as he tries to breathe. He is able to go back to sleep on his own, but I feel bad for the guy. His naps have been great though. We are happy about that!

2 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Maybe you have a future Michael Phelps, encourage it.

Anonymous said...

If he's this active now be prepared to run your legs off chasing after him and rescuing him from climbing aparatii in toddlerhood! He will probably grow up to be a fantastic athlete though : ).