Sunday, May 25, 2008

first food

I have been totally slacking on this blog! Things are busy...

Seth tried food for the first time today. He actually ate quite a bit, at least much more than I had anticipated from the things I had read. He had peaches and made lots of funny faces! He wore the Iowa Hawkeyes bib in honor of his uncle who just graduated from there. :)

See the video here! (We took a bunch of videos but could only upload one due to space limits. This was not his first official taste but rather many spoonfuls later!)

And thanks to all of my lovely female friends and family for offering advice and helping me out in this. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I greatly appreciate all of you girls!

Oh, and Seth is definitely sitting in his stroller to eat for now. We don't have a highchair because they are ridiculously expensive here, and in the big scheme of things and the necessities we have to buy, a highchair doesn't rank high enough. We are hoping to get a booster seat possibly shipped to us from the US since they don't have them here!!!!! We figure buying one there and shipping it here will be less expensive than any of the highchairs here.

4 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Mom and I watched it several times. He made a funny face...almost like it was sour or something. :)

Stefanie Schocke said...

Yeah, I would have used that Iowa bib too...get it dirty!

Anonymous said...

way to have him sportin' the black and gold!!! on iowa, go hawks!!!

josh

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm glad he enjoyed his peaches so much! I was reading through the Annabel Karmel's "First Meals Book" today with David (he loves to read cookbooks with photos) and thought of you.