Friday, March 28, 2008

nails



Seth's nails grow like weeds! I seriously just cut them, and they already need to be cut again. I don't know how they grow so fast.

And I just got off the phone with the nicest lady from American Airlines who answered all my questions about flying with Seth. I have looked up information on the internet, but I have only found the info I needed on domestic travel, not international. I have gotten contradicting info from parents here who have flown with infants, so I called and got lots of help. Even better than the help was that it was all good news:

Seth gets one piece of checked luggage, a diaper bag in addition to my carry-on, a checked infant restraint seat, and a stroller checked at the side of the plane if it collapses! I won't be doing the carseat because Stef is going to let me use Daniel's old one, and that'll be much easier than trying to manage all that by myself.

I haven't decided if I am going to use the stroller option or not. I think it could be either helpful or more of a hassle. I do have a sling and a front carrier that would allow me both hands to still be free, but Seth likes to move as much as possible. He doesn't last super long in those because he can't move as much. Any thoughts from you lovely, helpful ladies?!

4 comments:

Julie said...

My advice...bring the stroller. You can put things in it (besides the baby) and if you have to go to the bathroom, you don't have a baby strapped to you!

Anonymous said...

David's nails grow so fast too!

We did two plane trips when David was 4 and 8 months old and didn't bring a stroller, but he loved the carriers, and I wasn't traveling alone. Since you're traveling alone I might bring the stroller so you'll have somewhere to put him - there won't be other hands to give you a break yk?

On the other hand, a stroller is another piece of luggage/baggage to carry along so if you can do it without, then cool. Just have a plan for how long/if you'll want to put him down.

Kelly said...

I hate bringing a stroller with Madilyn when I am alone because inevitably she ends up cranky about being in it, and then I end up carrying her and pushing the stroller. However, she also loves the carriers and loves being held. And I can see the benefits of having it if your carry-on and diaper bag could fit in it if Seth was not riding it in.

Stefanie Schocke said...

Do you have an umbrella stroller..because that is simple and you can push him through the airport...

I don't know anything...I've never flown with a baby!