After walking around town this afternoon with Seth strapped to me (it was sunny and in the 60's today!), I think I decided to not do the stroller in the airport. It lets me have both hands free to tote the carry-on and bag. It would also let me move easier in tight spaces and easier access at all the security check points. It would be nice to have that basket and all, but I would have to check it at the side of the plane and wait for it afterwards. And by the looks of it, I might not have much time for any of that.
I fly into London Heathrow Terminal 5. I am nervous about this because they just opened this new terminal up this past Thursday. Let's just say that there were so many problems on opening day that they are STILL delaying and cancelling flights into this week. I checked not too long ago and they were running at about 85%. That is definitely an improvement. I will be watching all that info like a hawk over the next 48 hours. Please pray that they get this all figured out by Wednesday!
Whittington was encouraging by telling me that Wednesday is not a super busy day for travel like the weekends are. Thanks, Whit! So they could have it up and running just fine by then... And for clarification, this Terminal 5 only affects European and domestic flights, so unless my flight is cancelled or delayed super long, I should have no problem getting to Chicago once I reach London, as none of those international flights are affected by the new terminal.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
airport
Posted by Kristen at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kristen, I will be praying that you and Seth have smooth and safe travels! I will be praying that he sleeps a lot for you! I wish we could see you while you are here!
Post a Comment